Friday, March 11, 2011

Welcome Home Kyle! We appreciate everything you do for our country!



This blog today is dedicated to my husband Kyle who just returned from his second tour in Afghanistan. He was stationed there for 6 months and we couldn't be happier to have him home! It's just a quick blog today - but the best part - it contains a FREEBIE!! :)

I made some quick cupcake toppers to welcome him home and another batch of the ever delicious Red Velvet Cupcakes I made for Valentines that I blogged about here. They were just so good and he wasn't home to share them with us so I wanted to make him a batch of his own.



So the freebie is the file for the cupcake toppers! Just print them out and either cut them with funky scissors or use a 2" circle or scalloped circle cutter. Tape a toothpick or sucker stick to the back and insert in cupcakes! It's super simple and gives them a great look.

If you want your cakes to look like mine I used a pastry bag with tip 1M and piped a "swirl" on the top. Then I added red colored sugar sprinkles, and red white and blue sprinkles to them and added the cupcake topper. I also had some cute aluminum cupcake holders I was going to use but completely forgot.

Get the cupcake topper PDF file here! Just print it in color on your home computer and have fun! I changed one set to just say "welcome home" in case you aren't welcoming "daddy" home! :)


Banner in pics will be in a upcoming blog soon! :) Have fun making your cupcakes or treat bag tags!! And as always thanks for reading my blog and feel free to pass on to EVERYONE! :)

1 comments:

The Chabot Family said...

So happy he's home safe and sound!

Post a Comment