Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ribbon Topiary - How To


I made these adorable ribbon topiaries for my daughter's Strawberry Shortcake themed birthday party. I just love the way they turned out!


Ribbon topiaries are a huge deal right now, and of course I had to try my hand at it. They are simple to make (although somewhat time consuming) and anyone can do them!

What you need -

Styrofoam ball - I used 4 or 5" balls I can't remember
A wooden dowel
LOTS of ribbon in colors matching your theme
Straight pins
A floral pot or bucket
Foam
Paper shreds or tulle or moss (something to cover the top of the foam in the bucket with

How To -

First cover your wooden dowel with ribbon. Then cut your foam to fit inside your bucket or flower pot and place inside the pot. Then stick the wooden dowel about half way into the Styrofoam ball. I opted to add my ribbon to the ball before putting it into the pot, I felt that was easier for me.

Next cut all your ribbon into 3-4" strips. I used 3" strips but I think anything would work, just depends on your taste. Then just fold the ribbon into a loop and using a straight pin pin it to the Styrofoam ball. It's that simple do this over and over and over again. :) Pretty soon you'll have an adorable ribbon covered ball.

When it's all covered stick the other end of the dowel (with ribbon ball attached) into the foam in the bucket. Then glue paper shreds (or whatever you choose) to the top of the foam covering all the uglies.


And now your done! Admire your work! :) Have fun with this one guys. It's really simple and turns out so cute!

1 comments:

Post a Comment